Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Gothic Arch


Gothic Arch
Originally uploaded by queenoffools1974.

I made this for a swap in a group I belong to on Yahoo. It was really fun to make too, so much that I want to make a lot more for a book like THIS.

To start, I painted the whole card a charcoal color then stamped the tombstone. I then masked the tombstone and painted gesso over the rest of the card to lighten the gray. I over stamped (with the mask in place) some background writing using a gold paint pen.

I then went over that with the same gray toned down with some glaze medium. I laid a paper towel over the top while it was wet then peeled it off to take some of the glaze off and give it some texture.

I added the boy, wings, and the clock rub-on (7Gypsies) and then highlited some areas with a pencil, rubbing it around to give it some shading. I then went over the whole card with some gel medium- again using the paper towel trick to give it texture.

That's it! I hope you enjoy.

Amy

1 comment:

Andrea Nicole said...

I think its really brilliant... what great images and its perfect for Halloween! :) Great Job! Andrea http://andreaswhimsy.blogspot.com