Thursday, December 13, 2007

Long Time, No Post.

Hey there! It's been quite a while since I've posted on here, but with the holiday season and my daughter in school it seems I have less time than usual (you would think with her gone all day I would have more time, but it doesn't seem to work out that way!).

Anyway, I've been pretty busy making ornaments and trying to put together some gift baskets. These ornaments are paper mache and I got them at Michael's. the first one I painted and added the images. The glittery writing was a sort of rub-on kit that included glitter that you pat onto the letters (sorry about the glare on the photo):

Pictures 018

This one was also painted, and then I cut a niche out of it to slide a matchbox into. Then I glued the image on and hot glued the shells around it. There is also ribbon around the outside edge. (I got this idea from the latest issue of Somerset Studio).
Pictures 020

*Edited to add the following photos:

Tree6

This one I embroidered from a pattern I got here. He took a while, but I think he's pretty cute.
Tree7

Well, there they are- I hope you like them. I plan on posting more ornaments I've made soon- these are made of embroidered felt. In the meantime, I hope your holidays aren't too stressful!

Amy

No comments: