Tuesday, October 16, 2007

NightOwlPhoto


NightOwlPhoto
Originally uploaded by queenoffools1974.

Well, I finally finished the altered canvas collage I've been working on for a couple of weeks now. I feel like it's missing something, but I always feel like that so I probably won't add anything to it (except a sealant).

To make this, I tore some very cool 7Gypsies paper lengthwise and glued it all over the board until I was happy with it, then covered the white torn bits with black ink and some acrylic paint where I felt it needed it. I then painted the moon and used a paper towel to sponge off some of the paint. Then I put a glittery glaze over the moon for a bit of sparkle.

The owl and branch I painted last in black with shading the same color as the moon. I also edged the canvas with black paint. This is the first canvas that came out roughly the way I saw it in my head. I can't wait to make more of these.

Amy

No comments: