Sunday, July 22, 2007

Lazy Summer

Hey there! It occured to me that I haven't written anything on here for a while so I thought I would check in. The main reason is that it's summer and, though my husband is overseas, there seems to be no end to the summer activities and distractions that keep me busy. I'm taking a bit of a break from swaps and creating in general just to recharge and indulge in more leisurely pursuits.

For example, this last week was "Harry Potter" week. I splurged on a babysitter and went to the movie and then, although it arrived at my doorstep only yesterday, finished the last book in the series in a 24-hour frenzy of laughter, tears, and little sleep. It was, by the way, totally worth it.

So, while I prepare to spend a week at the beach and send my daughter off to her first day of kindergarten next month, I'm turning over ideas in my head and contentedly browsing through art magazines from the comfort of my living room couch. I know I'll be back at it soon, and in the meantime, stay tuned later this week for a report on my first ever "live" trading session/meeting regarding ATC's at a Artist's store a few towns over. I'm very excited about it and, who knows, maybe it will be the jolt I need to get up off the couch and get cracking!

Amy

No comments: