Thursday, July 5, 2007

Heart in a Jar


HeartJar
Originally uploaded by queenoffools1974.

This was a card I made a week or two ago (I'm posting now because it's been recieved). I glued fabric to a piece of watercolor paper, folded the sides and ends to the back and glueing as well. Then I stitched the red fabric heart to the card. I then stitched a cut out transparency of a jar over the top of that so you could see the heart sort of floating in the jar. I then embroidered a blanket stitch around the whole card.

I've been making a lot more fabric cards lately and playing with the transparencies is fun, too. I just recently picked up the book 1000 Artist Trading Cards by Patricia Bolton (Editor of Cloth,Paper, Scissors and Quilting Arts magazines) and there are a lot of examples of fabric ATCS that have inspired me to do more.

Lastly, to all of you who read and are fans of my tiny little blog (especially you Pattyjo)- Thank you! It means a lot to be able to share my work with you.

Amy

1 comment:

Pattyjo said...

I do love your work and I know there are lots of us out here.
That one is just great! Thank you!