Thursday, March 29, 2007

New Layers

These three cards are the result of trying to learn a technique that would make the collaged cards rather flat. It's a little labor intensive (gel transfer, gel medium, vaseline, gesso, rubber stamp, distress, and apply more gel medium over the top) but the results are good. The ink I used for the over-stamp was too dark for what I was going for, but they still turned out nice. I would like to continue with this technique and learn to incorporate more papers and other elements for interest.

Also, I've dug out my jewelry findings to start incorporating some metal and other flashy bits into my cards. What I would really like to start doing is making little collage pendants and charms, but I'm not quite there yet with the supplies. Here is a recent example with the additions.


The Magic Man
Magic Man

1 comment:

sguyot said...

Had not heard of ATC's before. Had seen some ACEOS. This a clever idea. the use of jewelry findings as embellishments will provide some interesting challenges as well as opportunities.